The best video, to learn how to tie the simplest of all tie knots, The Oriental Knot. Sven Raphael Schneider explains how to tie the perfect Oriental tie knot step by step and when it is best to use this knot and what shirts do and don’t work with this tie knot.
Want the tie worn in the video? Visit the link below.
Silk Foulard Tie in Blue with Printed Micropattern: https://gentl.mn/2lacEz0
The Oriental is one of the most popular tie knots in Asia. This is the easiest tie knot that you can find and is also the smallest one. This tie is great for very short ties or if you’re very tall because that way, you don’t use a lot of tie material forming the knot.
The oriental knot is great to wear with collar pins, collar bars or collar clips because it is so small that something easily fits underneath them. This knot works best with a classic collar or a medium spread collar.
02:17 HOW TO TIE THE ORIENTAL KNOT:
1. The wide end is going to be much longer than the slim end. I usually have the slim end about a hand above my waistband or my trousers, but it’s different with everybody, so you have to figure it out.
2. Okay, first the slim end goes on top of the wide end. Pinch it here and you bring it over once like so, pull it slightly tight.
3. Now you take this end, goes through behind the knot, pull it up, pull it nice and tight then you take this end and get it through here.
4. You hold your knot while you pull it through gently. Now your knot is a little thick so what you do here to get a dimple, pinch on top and pull through.
5. Always gently, gently pull and then you bring it up until you like the look.
Want to learn more about style? Get our free eBook here!
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our channel!
FREE EBOOK: https://gentl.mn/1Rvg9EH